It is that time of year again when time flies. Football is in full swing, children activities are keeping you busy, and the weather is beautiful. Drive thru, take out, tailgating, and don’t forget the holidays are on the way. I encourage you to be proactive with your own health by taking the extra steps daily to keep the extra winter pounds away. Here are some tips:
- Plan your week
- What nights can I cook?
- Where can I incorporate a brisk walk for 30 minutes?
- How can I use my time more wisely?
- Take the healthier route
- For your next tailgate, how can I cut corners to make my food a little healthier?
- Do I really need two hot dogs, or am I satisfied with one?
- Holiday parties?
- Eat before you go, and only snack while you are there
- Bring a healthier dish, encourage others to do the same
- Play active games
- Warm up for the cold months with a workout
- 20-30 minutes daily or even 15 minutes twice a day has benefits
There are a variety of ways to cut corners throughout your everyday routine. Everyone is unique and different. Hence, you have to figure out what works for you. By paying attention and cutting corners all of the time, you are able to develop better habits. Better lifestyle habits leads to an overall healthier, happier, life. How will you start cutting corners? Share your comments and maybe your ideas can make a difference in someone else’s life.
Jill Fiala, Director of Elite Living