Have you ever heard you are what you eat? Well, it’s true! If you consume foods full of the essential nutrients, your body is more efficient, balanced and will keep you at the top of your game. Whether it’s sports related, work or attitude, giving your body what it needs to effectively operate at its best will produce lasting results. Don’t be color blind! The more colorful the food, the more it’s packed with valuable nutrients. Color means health. The deeper the color, the more phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals are present in the food.
Top 10 Super Foods:
- Yogurt provides a “good bacteria” for the body. High in protein, calcium, Vit B12 and Potassium.
- Eggs help to regulate brain activity, nervous and cardiovascular systems. Promotes healthy hair and nails, as well as, great for your eyes.
- Nuts regulate blood pressure, lower cholesterol and prevent heart disease. Nuts are a healthy fat and 7 walnuts daily are all you need.
- Kiwi improves your immune system and is a natural digestive acid. Eat Kiwi to reduce bloating as opposed to taking medicine.
- Beans slow the aging process and prevent cancer. High in fiber to prevent colon problems.
- Salmon decreases heart problems, depression and cognitive declines. It provides joint protection and decreases inflammation.
- Broccoli acts as a natural detoxification medicine. The quality is improved when steamed. It also fights cholesterol and is high in Vit D.
- Sweet Potatoes are high in iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, fiber and antioxidants. They are a good starch that raises blood sugar slowly, unlike other starches.
- Kale/Spinach are high in fiber and iron, and good for eyes, skin, heart and brain. They are also good for bones and increase production of red blood cells for faster healing and blood clotting.
- Blueberries improve memory, are low in calories and help eliminate free radicals that damage cells in our DNA. Blueberries can be frozen for future use and still hold their chemical structure.
Have you had your daily dose of Nature’s Free Medicine?? For optimal results, you should strive to eat as many varieties of fruits and vegetables as you possibly can!